SpringTravel Guidelines (updated March 24, 2021)
Domestic travel (state-to-state)
● No quarantine is necessary if the traveler is fully vaccinated, which is defined as two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination or two weeks after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination.
● Proof of vaccination will be required to avoid quarantines.
● Individual must not have symptoms and must maintain strict masking and physical distancing. If a fully vaccinated individual does have symptoms, he or she must quarantine and consult with a health care provider.
● Domestic travel in states designated Orange on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order Map requires:
○ Ten-day quarantine upon return if there is no negative pre-arrival test (any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable) or the traveler is not fully vaccinated (see above for definition of fully vaccinated)
○ A pre-arrival negative test (within 72 hours prior to return arrival to the state) with strict masking, physical distancing and avoidance of in-person out-of-school gatherings. Archdiocesan schools should accept any negative test prior to school attendance (including tests administered upon return to the state), but no earlier than 72 hours prior to return arrival to the state. Any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable. Availability of testing out-of-state residents varies from state to state, so we advise making a plan for receiving tests within 72 hours of your child’s return to school.
○ For domestic travel in states designated as Yellow on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order map, no quarantine or pre-arrival test is required. However, travelers must maintain strict masking and physical distancing.
International travel Regardless of vaccination status, international travelers must follow CDC guidelines:
● Traveler is to be tested three to five days after their return to the U.S. and must quarantine for a seven-day period even if the post-arrival test is negative (any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable).
● If traveler chooses not to take a test three to five days after their return to the U.S., he or she must quarantine for 10 days after arrival.
ReOpening With Trust: A Planning Framework for the 2020/21 School Year
What to expect this year? Important Information About Our ReOpening Plan
Student Illness and Reported Absence Actions and Questions
St Damian Specific Procedures
Damian Pride Remote Learning
Reopening Plan First Week
Cohorts, Lunch, and Recess
Internal Traffic Flow and Restrooms
Uniforms, Activities, Athletics, Field Trips, Classroom Parties, Meetings
Provision of Educational Instruction via Live Streaming and/or Recorded In-Person Instruction During the 2020-2021 School Year
Agreement to Adhere to COVID Protocol
Items to Purchase (optional)
Order your water bottles today!
Order your St. Damian masks today!