- 16 years at Dist. #130, Blue Island; 3 years at Dist.#168, Sauk Village; 2 years at Dist. #159, Matteson; 1 year at Glenwood School, Glenwood
- Previous careers: worked 5 years for Hirsch Funeral Homes doing grief support and community education; 5 years at J.C.Penney Regional Credit Office, Supervisor of accounting and control department
- Loyola University of Chicago, B.S.
- St Xavier University, M.A.
- Additional 32 graduate hours in technology, science, and mathematics
Although my formal teaching career started later, I must say that I was always tutoring someone throughout my high school and college days. Even though I taught junior high science for 22 years, I have a strong math background. I love helping students with the logical thinking in both subjects. Many of my former students have gone on to careers in science or math. It was only after a short retirement that I was asked to join the staff here at St. Damian School as a part time instructional aide for 3rd - 5th grade. In addition, I tutored students from 3rd - 8th grade either before or after school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I am looking forward to working with the junior high students in an additional math lab this year. The possibilities to soar in math are endless!
When I am not at St. Damian, I treasure being with my two grandchildren, family, and friends! I am an active member of St. Julie Billiart Parish where I serve as a sacristan for the 9:30 AM Sunday mass, Eucharistic minister, children’s liturgist, catechist and director of mystagogy for RCIA.